COVID 19 UPDATE
Heritage Community Transportation
Heritage Community Transportation is committed to serving our riders and drivers during this challenging time while also working to reduce the spread of germs and illness. Here are some important updates:
- Effective March 26th, Heritage Community Transportation will temporarily be suspending cash fares.
- We are currently operating at full schedule - all routes and stops
- We are requesting Card Holders to show card to operator instead of scanning/tapping
- For the health and safety of all, Heritage is asking passengers to practice social distancing while on the van by not sitting in the first row of seats, and not sitting in a seat with another passenger
- Our vehicles are sanitized thoroughly every day
- We continue to work closely with our health care partners at Forbes, UPMC East and UPMC McKeesport and will honor our Courtesy Card program at all three hospitals
Heritage Community Initiatives is dedicated to serving individuals and families facing socio-economic challenges in forty communities within Allegheny County. Our programs - driven by need, impact and pragmatism - fall into three primary areas:
For 35 years Heritage Community Initiatives has been dedicated to making a positive impact on the social mobility of thousands of families through pragmatic programs in Education, Transportation and Nutrition.