Look for us more often and in more places in Braddock! We now have FOUR new stops on the East Pittsburgh route including The Avenue Apartments to Swissvale Station. To see a completed list of our van stops, including our latest service changes, click here. See Route Map & Schedule for timetable details. PLUS, more connections than ever before to your Port Authority of Allegheny County stops.
We now have TWO stops at Forbes Hospital - Forbes Hospital Main Entrance and the new stop at Forbes Hospital Intercommunity Cancer Center. Boarding at the Cancer Center is available on weekdays until 6:00pm.
Heritage Community Transportation serves 15 communities east of the City of Pittsburgh.
GET GOING TODAY!
ADULTS 65+ - GET THE BLUE CARD
If you are an adult 65 or older, you can apply for a free Blue Card. With this pass, you can ride free and do not have to display a Medicare ID or State issued transit card. Call the Heritage office at 412.351.2200 to have an application mailed to you. Applications are also available at Heritage's administrative office.
Heritage Community Transportation Office Hours:
Monday - Friday
8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 412.351.2200 if you have any questions.
Customers who are interested in paratransit/shared-ride services should visit Port Authority of Allegheny County’s website at http://www.portauthority.org/paac/RiderServices/ACCESSParatransit.aspx or call ACCESS Transportation Systems, Inc. at 412-562-5353.
CLICK HERE FOR
INTRODUCING REAL TIME
CLICK HERE FOR
HERITAGE COMMUNITY TRANSPORTATION RIDER RULES
- Riders must pay the appropriate fare, scan HCT rider card, or provide senior proof of age or disability.
- Riders must use his/her own HCT rider card. No one is permitted to use another rider's card.
- All children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- All children under the age of 4 must be secured in an approved child safety seat. Children between ages 4 and 8 must be in a booster seat. If the provided equipment is in use, you must provide your own approved equipment or wait for the next available van.
- Each rider is to take only one seat, including any bags or packages.
- Every rider must remain in a seat and wear their seatbelt while the van is in motion.
- The Heritage van will only stop at designated stops.
- Riders must show respect to the driver and other passengers.
- Riders are not permitted to eat, drink or smoke while on the van.
- Riders are not permitted to bring alcoholic beverages on the van or be intoxicated on the van.
- Riders are not permitted to bring any type of weapon on the van.
- Harassment or threatening of passengers and/or driver will not be tolerated.
- The use of profanity will not be tolerated.
- The Drivers have the right to deny service to anyone they think is a danger or nuisance to themselves and/or other passengers.
- All Rider Card sales are final - refunds will not be issued.
- Drivers do not provide change. Rider must have exact fare.